Generate Your Own Power
Part of KUB's long-standing commitment to the environment is providing support for customers who are interested in utilizing renewable energy.
A critical first step in going solar is educating yourself before you sign a contract. KUB and TVA are here to help you through that process with the tips below.
- Get quotes from multiple companies and carefully read the terms of the proposal.
- Ask the installer for references and ensure the installer has up-to-date business license and insurance. Look at any available customer reviews. TVA's Green Connect Quality Contractor Network is a one-stop shop for selecting an installer. See details below.
- Confirm the installer has a Solar PV Installation Professional or Board Certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners, which is the gold standard for the industry.
- Customers interested in renewable energy generation must complete an interconnection application and agreement. KUB charges a $500 application fee for any interconnection.
Find a Trustworthy Solar Installer with TVA's New Green Connect Quality Contractor Network
TVA’s new Green Connect program connects KUB customers interested in solar or battery installation at their homes with a Quality Contractor Network. These qualified installers are insured and licensed; they also have completed special training on TVA guidelines and have a history of customer satisfaction. Green Connect is available for qualifying systems of ground-mounted and/or structure-mounted solar photovoltaic (PV) systems and associated battery storage systems. Participants must be metered and belong to a KUB residential rate class.
How to Participate in Green Connect:
- Register for the TVA Green Connect Customer Portal online at www.tvagreenconnect.com and complete the TVA Green Connect Participation Agreement.
- Select a QCN installer from the TVA Green Connect portal to design and install your qualifying system.
- Submit your interconnection application, interconnection agreement, and system design packet to KUB.
- Have the qualifying system commissioned by KUB following an installation verification. Note: KUB charges a $500 application fee for any interconnection.
Sell Back Your Excess Generation
Facilities that generate power up to 80 Megawatts may qualify for TVA's Dispersed Power Production program, which allows them to sell excess generation back to TVA.
For additional information about this program:
Call KUB New Service at (865) 558-2555, e-mail email@example.com, or submit your request here.
Considering Going Solar?
The Tennessee Valley Solar Calculator can help you see if solar is right for you.
The PVWatts Calculator can help you estimate the performance of potential installations.
Set yourself up for success with these tips.
Find frequently asked questions here.