As part of KUB’s commitment to helping customers during the pandemic crisis, KUB has helped many of our friends and neighbors by waiving late fees and offering bill payment assistance to those who need it most. As we face a “new normal,” we recognize some customers have accumulated balances that may be difficult to pay.  That's why we have also continued working with community partners to ensure those needing assistance receive it.

Our commitment to assisting those in need will not change. Please call us at 865-524-2911 or one of our partner service agencies listed below if you think you will have trouble paying an upcoming bill. Click here to learn about other ways KUB is working to offer assistance to our customers during the pandemic.

Knox County

  • Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (CAC)

    CAC currently provides many forms of utility payment assistance. For utility bill assistance, contact CAC’s Energy and Community Services at 865-637-6700. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all KUB customers looking for bill payment assistance are encouraged to call this number instead of physically visiting CAC.

  • The Knoxville-Knox County CAC CARES utility relief funding is available specifically for those who have been impacted by COVID-19 and are unable to pay their utility bill. Assistance is available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and applications are due Nov. 10, 2020. For more information about this funding, click here or call one of the following locations:
    • West Neighborhood Center (for residents of West, Central, or North Knoxville): 865-524-3345
    • East Neighborhood Center (for residents of East or South Knoxville): 865-546-5125
  • Project Help

    Project Help is an emergency energy assistance program that assists people in need living within the KUB service area, regardless of the energy source in their home. Project Help is committed to helping customers who need financial assistance on their utility bills due to circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.

  • Knoxville Area Urban League (KAUL)

    KUB and KAUL are partnering to help customers save money on their utility bills by offering free virtual Energy and Water Saving Workshops. By attending a free virtual workshop, participants will learn ways to save energy, water, and money. Participants will also receive Home Energy Starter Kits with tools to begin making changes at home right away. To register for these workshops, click here.

Blount County

  • Blount County Community Action Agency (CAA)

    Blount County residents may be eligible for LIHEAP assistance, as long as funding is available. Eligibility is also based on a priority point system so that households with members who are elderly, disabled and/or under the age of six. Persons interested in applying for assistance should contact Blount County Community Action Agency for an appointment and application.

Anderson and Union Counties

  • East Tennessee Human Resources Agency (ETHRA)
    Anderson County: 865-457-3352 
    Union County: 865-992-8816

    ETHRA, like CAC, facilitates the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which helps families with their home energy bills. Assistance is available once a year, and emergency funds are set aside for families facing a shut-off or energy services. Applications are taken quarterly during the months of January, April, July, and October. Please call 1-844-309-0416 two weeks before these months begin to find out if you are eligible to receive these funds.

Grainger, Jefferson, and Sevier Counties

  • Douglas-Cherokee Economic Authority
    Grainger County: 865-828-5228 
    Jefferson County: 865-475-4745 
    Sevier County: 865-453-7131

    The Douglas-Cherokee Economic Authority administers the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which  provides assistance with home heating and cooling needs and is open to all households that meet income guidelines and provide documentation of all household income.

KUB and our community partners are here for you. Together we will get through this. 

For more information about KUB's pandemic response, click here.